Contact SummaryIMakeWebBetter +AshishDesaiRocks @mrdoomsbuster
I have a total of years of experience in software engineering & technology and currently working in Global Technology for JPMorgan Chase & Co. My previous experience includes 6.6 years working at Cognizant Technology Solutions in the Banking and Financial Services.
- Hands on expertise in the Java & Web technology standards and frameworks.
- In depth knowledge of HTTP Protocols and HTTP Spec,HTML /CSS Spec, Websockets, Proxy Servers, Networking and Network Security.
- Excellent analytical, debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Expertise in learning new technologies in short time.
- Excellent delivery track record on time-critical projects.
- Active involvement in enterprise training and firm-wide initiatives.
- Hands on knowledge of contemporary Web / Mobile Graphics Design and prototyping.
- Expertise in Responsive Web Design & principles.
- Hands on expertise in Web Performance Tuning.
- In-depth knowledge in end to end system architecture and design.
Some awesome stuff that I work on
- I call it extreme engineering - while standing up the infrastructure for one of the key test automation initiatives, making it secured was a challenge. I had to go through great depths of how protocols (HTTP, HTTPS Tunelling, WebSockets, TCP/IP) really work. I architected the system to make it secured to the extent that it satisfied Cyber Security. In depth understanding of Proxy Servers, Proxy Chaining establishing Business Partner Networks and Network Security was required to deliver the platform firmwide. This was a project where I also got a chance to show my Linux engineerng skills and learnt a whole lot.
- I am one of the go to person in the firm, for any questions or advice related to developer tooling, frontend engineering or developer productivity. Frequently you will find me engaging in meaningful) conversations around tooling, productivity and frontend engineering.
- I lead major Firmwide Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) automation initiatives. I have established first ever developer communities within JPMorgan Chase introducing community driven development of automation tools within the firm.
- Created automation tools which that improved developer productivity by automating manual tasks in software security scanning and will save developers thousands of hours year over year.
- I have transformed the way JPMorgan teams create documentation. I lead an automation initiative for which I created, top of the line documentation (videos, web casts, stories, blogs) using a content management system that JPMorgan uses. This involved tremendous frontend engineering expertise to create simplistic yet transformational documentation within the content management system in use. This served as an example of what good documentation should look like.
- I lead the Enterprise Collaboration Workstream alongside senior leaders to transform the way global teams collaborate in JPMorgan Chase.
- I was a lead engineer solving an extremely complex problem around data de-duplication and gaining a single customer view within the bank through use of fuzzy search and application of heuristic algorithms.
- Creator & evangelist of the JPM Open Source Program which is the firms first "innner sourcing" initiative where innovative minds collaborate.
- I run the HTML5 Working Group and evangelize on frontend tools and technologies within the firm.
- I mentor Technology Analysts from TAP Program to manage their career and rapidly progress within the firm. I believe in bringing more women in technology and I mentor several women associates from the Tech Connect Program which is a program for bringing more women from non technology careers into technology.
- When in Cognizant I built several tools and services internally to Cognizant to improve their processes and was involved in several business and idea generation activities.
- Executed and delivered several turn key projects while at Cognizant for it’s clients involving frontend engineering, full stack development and architecture and business process management software.
Employment & Experience
Jersey City, NJ
JPMorgan Chase & Co, Oct 2014 – Till Date, Chief Development Office
- I am creating platforms that will transform and modernize the way we develop and deliver technology / software. This is extreme engineering and I am living my passion at the Firmwide Chief Development Office.
- Being a part of global technology transformation team, my role is challenging at the same time it's exciting. Drive technology transformation across lines of business. Evangelizing on new technologies, helping teams get organized and produce high quality code is a part of my job. I make developers more productive.
- I also build high performance applications, tools and in-house products to drive developer efficiency. Tool and technology standardization requires me to build applications for the organization. I also build financial products for the company using latest frontend and backend technology standards.
- Member of Chief Architect Office where we innovate and drive UI / UX framework standardization.
- Architect a unified Java Script framework enabling rapid development of complex web applications in retail operations.
- Evaluate several new frontend frameworks and measure them against currently used technologies.
- Evangelize NodeJS within the firm.
- I have been pioneering building and use of technology products and innovative ideas to drive productivity and efficiencies across development teams allowing the firm in inculcating a high performance team culture. Part of my job responsibility also involves presenting, speaking and conducting sessions with other technologists.
Project Lead / Architect / Web Evangelist
New York, NY
JPMorgan Chase & Co, Jan 2011 – Oct 2014, CWM Morcom Portfolio Management & Firmwide Initiatives
- Lead globally located team, delivering portfolio management software.
- Interact with different groups integrating software between teams and heading deliveries across these teams (including external partners).
- Design, develop and build high performance web applications using modern frontend frameworks. I have been successfully delivering critical projects with extremely low defect density.
- Evangelizing on frontend tools, technologies and frameworks. Presenting on different working groups.
- At this position I have gained solid experience on project planning, build, execution and delivery. I am a seasoned technologist when it comes to leading large teams and GETTING THINGS DONE.
Lead / Architect / Supervisor / Developer
New York, NY
Cognizant Technology Solutions, Jan 2005 – Jan 2011, Various Projects
- I have delivered several turn key projects while at Cognizant Technology Solutions ranging from frontend, backend, database management, business process management software, proprietary vendor products. I have held several roles during my time at Cognizant.
- At Cognizant I was usually deputed onto projects needing technical assistance and projects that were under delivery failure.
- I was responsible for architecture / designing / developing and delivering financial products for Cognizant's clients.
- Analyze pain points and build various time tracking, forecasting, business development and idea generation activities internal to Cognizant Technology Solutions.
- While at Cognizant I have built quite a few tools to improve processes at Cognizant Technology Solutions.
- Morcom Portfolio Live Pricing, Lead / Architect / Supervisor, Jun 2010 – Jan 2011
- Broker Dealer Portfolio Management System, Lead / Architect / Supervisor, Oct 2009 – Jun 2010
- BDS Marimba Remediation, Lead / Developer, Sep 2009 – Oct 2009
- BDS SAIL Migration, Lead / Developer / Manager, Oct 2008 – Oct 2009
- Secondary Loan Trading Docs, Lead / Developer / Onsite Coordinator, Apr 2008 – Oct 2008
- Secondary Loan Trading Primary, Lead / Developer, Mar 2007 – Apr 2008
- Position Server BAU Support, Lead / Developer, Oct 2006 – Mar 2007
- Position Server Fuego BPM Implementation, Developer, Apr 2006 – Oct 2006
- PS Performance Improvement, Developer, Jul 2005 – Apr 2006
Education / Certifications / Memberships / Affiliations
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, M.S.University Of Baroda, Faculty of Technology & Engineering, 2001 - 2005
- IIT Mumbai - Distance Education Program (DEP), KReSIT, IITB, 2006 - 2006
- JPMorgan Chase Expert Engineer. Winner of Knowledge Sharing Award, 2016
- Sun Certified Java Programmer For J2SE 1.5, July 2008
- Contributed to the Apache Flex community
- Problem Solver
- Drive to Get Things Done. Extremely Quick Learner.
- Solid Training, Leadership, Mentoring, Collaboration & Team Management skills.
- Seasoned professional in delivering time-critical & tight-deadline projects.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Never say die attitude.
Ashish is one of the most enthusiastic person I have ever met. He is full of energy and works with full dedication. He is very quick learner and was able to quickly grasp new technology. - Aditya Joshi, Director - Projects at Cognizant Technology Solutions.
I had the pleasure to work with Ashish for 2 years or so and I found Ashish to be extremely detailed and trust worthy. He is technically sound, works hard, efficient and always try to come up with options/solutions. He will be always be a real asset for any team. - Ramachandaran Iyer, Project Manager, Nice Actimize.
Academy Of Software Engineering, Department of Education, NYC, Sep 2014
On the first day of the school, after summer break, I talked about Software Engineering, Programming and provided the aspiring young students a perspective on the incredible things one can build with software and technology. I provided them a direction on how to achieve & align themselves to learn and do what they love and become future creators of amazing technology, rather than being a technology consumer. The interest and enthusiasm that I saw in them was out of bounds. I plan to engage more deeply into events and workshops. My mission is to create great software engineers (boys and girls alike).
Force for Good, Technology Mentor / Lead
Hands On Network, Sep 2014 – May 2015
As a part of the annual Force for Good program, we help non profit organizations solve their business problems with technology. We helped Hands On Central Ohio in creating a technology product that allows it to expand its outreach to a much wider area providing opportunities for them to reach and help more people needing their service. It was challenging being a technology manager and mentor to an awesome team of young technologists. There have been a lot of tough technical problems that the team faced and my role involved helped them get through those challenges. I helped the team with system architecture, design and infrastructure as well as on going technical assistance to the them.
Per Scholas, IT, Oct 2014 – Apr 2015
It's my mission to help create exceptional software engineers and what better opportunity could one get than to mentor young aspiring women who want to succeed in technology. I am also very interested in seeing the participation of Women In Technology and Per Scholas IT is just about the right institution to partner with and mentor candidates towards a successful career in IT. As a part of this initiative, I am devoting my time, training and mentoring candidates, so that they can be next generation creators of technology and awesomeness.
National Center For Women In IT (NCWIT), Nov 2013 and Nov 2014
NCWIT is all about aspirations of young women in computing and technology. As a reviewer and a volunteer you devote your time towards the cause. Last month, for the NCWIT awards, I reviewed applications of various participants. It is really impressive to see how those young girls use their skills in technology and computing.